This week, we’re profiling a fabulous DJ , Kurtis Cross and Kurtis Cross Professional Wedding DJ service. Kurtis and I first met back in 2009 and I have thoroughly enjoyed his professionalism ever since. I’m thrilled to introduce you all to him, and for him to give some insight into his work and inspiration.. enjoy!
1. Describe yourself in three words:
Professional Wedding DJ!
2. Why did you choose to work in weddings/events?
Nearly 25 years ago, as a teenager, I wanted to get into the DJ business. What started as teen parties and school dances, turned into corporate events, nightclubs and eventually… weddings!
3. What do you love most about your job?
I get to celebrate with wonderful couples all over the U.S. on the greatest day of their lives. More than ever, love is what we celebrate on their big day!
4. What inspires you?
My family. So many examples of wonderful people, strength of family and relationships.
5. Share one of the most memorable events you took part in and why it was so special.
Years ago, I performed at a wedding ceremony and reception in Nashua, NH. It was August, yet in New England this made for a pleasant day (weather-wise). On a mountain I provided the ceremony music for Marshall & Christina. We then continued with the reception on the mountain, under tents as guests danced the night away. We extended the reception and continued the celebration. This was memorable because I believe that this was the day that I truly realized that wedding celebrations would be my exclusive work. I made the decision shortly thereafter to be a professional wedding DJ for weddings only.
6. Complete this sentence, “If I did not work in the wedding industry, I would…..”
…sorely miss it!
7. How would you describe your style/product?
Professional and dedicated to each couple.
8. What advice would you give to brides and grooms on choosing a photographer?
Find a professional DJ who meshes well with your personalities and provides the level of comfort whereby you know, that your reception will be the celebration of a lifetime.
9. What advice would you give to brides and grooms on the wedding planning process in general?
Plan early, plan well. Make this your day. When you look back in 10 years, know that you would do it all over again in the same way.
10. Lastly for fun, if they made a movie of your life,which actor/actress would you want to play you?
Kurtis, thanks so much for taking the time to chat!!
–TiffanyWant to contact Kurtis directly? Here’s how: http://www.kurtiscross.com/ 1-800-422-0073 301-942-6312 firstname.lastname@example.org