Today I’m excited to introduce you to Lauren of Ten23 Designs! She makes a plethora of decals that customize any wedding, special occasion, or everyday wall or household item! I have used and applied her decals first hand and I can vouch for just how simple they are! They left zero residue (much to the delight of the caterer who had to turn the space over quickly for an evening event after our brunch!) I hope you enjoy meeting her, and seeing a few of her projects in action!
10 Questions with Lauren of Ten23 Designs
1. Describe yourself in three words:
Undefined ~ Believer ~ Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
2. Why did you choose to work in graphic design/decals?
I love bringing ideas to life. With graphic design, I get to help people take ideas from there head and give them a visual (such a logos, etc) – Turning my graphics into decals was a way to further use the design I create as decor.
3. What do you love most about your job?
4. What inspires you?
5. Share one of the most memorable projects you took part in and why it was so special.
My “first” most memorable project would have to be a wedding magazine event I did their logo decals for. They requested more than 20 huge logo decals that were placed all over the venue. I remember when I got an email from the Atlanta event planner and just felt amazing inside that she picked me. She and the magazine were very well respected by me (and of course others). The venue looked amazing with all the decals… and seeing the photo appear in the next issue of the magazine seriously made my day.
6. Complete this sentence, “If I did not work in the wedding industry, I would…..”
…have to break my way into the industry! I love it here!
8. What advice would you give to brides and grooms on choosing/working with a designer?
9. What advice would you give to brides and grooms on the wedding planning process in general?
10. Lastly for fun, if they made a movie of your life,which actor would you want to play you?
Hmm… *scratches head* Hmm… I would have to say Mary Poppins (the character). Next to the bible, I try to follow her practices for living a good life. Everything just needs a spoon full of “sugar.”
Thanks Lauren! We love, love, love your work and the fact you are so creative, and always coming up with a new design!
Want to contact Lauren directly? Here’s how!